Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Time Part III

This is the third of my "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"series. Really :) Part I is here. Part 2 is here.

1. I went to Sydney, Australia which, in itself, led to a series of firsts. I flew Qantas (nice food, but mala-domestic ang in-flight entertainment system - at least for the economy seats). I experienced my first spring. I drove a right-hand-drive ("RHD") automatic car 800 miles to go visit relatives in Melbourne. For reference, the Philippines is left-hand-drive ("LHD") country and I drive a stick shift. In doing so, I realized that my left hand (which in an RHD vehicle is used to change gears, and in an LHD vehicle is used to tap to the beat of music, hold cigarettes, open door locks and occasionally hold the steering wheel) is completely useless - thank goodness for automatic transmission cars.

2. I watched a ballet, Coppelia, presented by Ballet Philippines, described by BP as "an enchanting, effervescent family ballet, for audiences of all ages." And an audience of all ages it was - elementary school students on a field trip, doting grandmothers watching their apo's performance and employees (and bosses) who skipped work to watch a matinee.

3. I went to a gym twice (in one year) and actually exercised!


No comments: