Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sarabia@Trinoma

Around November last year, I decided to buy a new pair of eyeglasses. I decided to go plastic (think Tina Fey). In anticipation of summer, and because I practically squinted my way through my vacation in Sydney a few months earlier (particularly my visits to the beaches of Bondi etc), I resolved to get transition lenses as well. For those who don't wear glasses, these are the sort of lenses which darken when exposed to UV rays. My goal was to wear these pair during weekends and for sporty activities (if any) when I'm too lazy to wear contacts.

Off I went in search of the perfect pair. I saw the frame I liked at Sarabia Optical in Trinoma and promptly ordered it together with transition lenses. Since I work in Makati, I asked the staff at Trinoma to deliver the glasses to their branch in Greenbelt. A few days later, I picked up my order.

I'm not sure if you remember but December and January were so cold. I barely saw the sun during that period. When March came, I remembered my new glasses and promptly started using them during the weekends. Lo and behold, even during the hottest time of the day, the lenses never turned dark. Puzzled, I sought the help of my friends who have transition lenses for a test. While walking during midday around the parking lot in Dampa, I realized that the lenses installed on my new glasses were not transition lenses.

And so, five months after I purchased the glasses, I returned to Sarabia Optical in Trinoma and explained my predicament. They asked only one thing: whether or not the staff at Sarabia Greenbelt tested the glasses (to insure that transition lenses were indeed installed) when I went to pick up my order. I said no. They told me that they will check their records and that of the Greenbelt branch and get back to me.

Now, I have the correct lenses. And a new frame, a blue one this time. Kudos to the staff at Sarabia Trinoma, because they did the right thing even if I did not recite the provisions of Consumer Act to them, or threaten to report them to the DTI. They did not even ask why it took me five months to discover that my lenses weren't transition lenses pala (although I'm sure they were dying to do so hehe). That's what I call customer service!

No comments: